Imagine having your PA personally trained on a one-to-one basis by a former Speaker Bureau Agent, not just any agent, but someone with 23 years' industry experience.
Maria Franzoni will set your Speaking Business Assistant up to confidently support you and help you to grow your Speaking Business with specific training enabling them to find and handle enquiries, understand the marketplace, negotiations and contracts, content planning and much more.
This is a 7-step programme for your assistant to set them up confidently to support you and help you to grow your Speaking Business.
Session 1 – Market Overview and Handling Enquiries
- An overview of the speaker market and how it works (globally) including who the bookers are (job roles, titles etc.) and the types of events they run. Plus standard payment terms, current market rates and lead-times.
Session 2 - How to take an incoming enquiry
- How to handle an incoming enquiry, what information to gather, questions to ask – we will also set up an enquiry form if you don’t already have one (including role play with real enquiry examples).
- The dos and don’ts of managing diary holds.
Session 3 - Finding Prospects and Paid Speaking Opportunities
Finding prospects through:
- Leveraging your existing contacts
- Identifying, connecting, and engaging with your target market and best prospects
- Finding and creating a database of suitable paying events
- Identifying your target market and best customers
I will also cover setting up simple systems to all the opportunities as well as providing scripts you can use when approaching new prospects and past clients.
Session 4 – Proposals
- How to write a proposal (we can create a bespoke template together if you don't already have one or you can use mine). We’ll also cover when to follow up and what to do if things go quiet after a proposal has been sent.
Session 5 – Fee and Contract Negotiation
- Fee and contract negotiation, (what all the terms mean - what is and is not negotiable and what to do if clients try to move the goal posts).
- How not to discount, how to hold your price and when and how you should charge more. Templates of booking forms and contracts to use for all bookings will be provided.
Session 6 – Opportunities to increase business
- Many Speakers focus all their attention on acquiring new clients. They book a speech, deliver it, and then look for the next client. But there is a lot to be said for nurturing the clients you have and working with them more deeply. In this step I share my tried and tested process for doing more business with clients, helping them to achieve greater results whilst growing your speaking business too. It's a win-win.
Session 7 – Content Planning
- There are 2 ways to grow your speaking business, one is to do outreach, the other is to attract bookings through your content. Get your assistant to manage and help you with your content. We will create a content plan together that is easy to execute and aligned to your business objectives. During the session we will come up with a 3-month content plan.
Each session is 75 to 90 minutes, recorded on Zoom, templates and scripts are provided. The number of sessions per step will depend on your assistant’s experience. You are very welcome to attend the sessions with your assistant. Each session is charged at GBP 500 plus VAT (if applicable).